***ATTENTION: OUR BAG POLICY HAS BEEN UPDATED!***
All bags are subject to a thorough search upon entry. Guests have the right to refuse a bag search and the venue has a right to refuse entry. If you have any items that are not allowed into the venue, please return them to your vehicle. Bags cannot be larger than 13”x15″. No backpacks of any size. We thank you for your patience and understanding. The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority.
Some other things to note before you make your way to Merriweather:
- No bottles, cans, coolers, or baskets.
- Only one empty or factory-sealed water bottle allowed per customer, refer to show for exceptions.
- No outside beverages.
- Personal food items in clear, disposable, non-glass container are permitted. (1 per guest)
- No professional cameras (with a removable lens), or recording devices.
- Alcohol, grills and glass containers are not permitted in the parking areas.
- No laser pointers, weapons or selfie sticks.
- Howard County law prohibits smoking in public places. No smoking is allowed. Also the use of vapes or electronic cigarettes is prohibited.
- No lightable tobacco products allowed inside gates.
- Shoes must be worn.
- No pets.
- Everyone needs a ticket in the pavilion.
- Children under 2 are free on the lawn for most shows.
- All performances are rain or shine.
- Lawn chairs are permitted on most shows; however there are times when only lawn chairs with no legs (stadium seats) are allowed.
- Small blankets are allowed on most shows to occupy your personal space; please be courteous of your neighbor.
- No Re-entry.
- Schedule is subject to change without notice.
- For most performances, gates open 90 minutes prior to showtime.
LOST AND FOUND
We all have those freakout moments where our pocket that is normally full is empty. Or, maybe you just can’t find your gnarly sunglasses. Either way, Merriweather Post Pavilion’s Lost and Found is located in the Customer Service Yurt on the property, during shows. You can drop by or text the Help Line 410-992-2141. After the performances you can call our Administrative Offices 410-715-5550 to see if your lost item has been turned in!